The Staerkel Planetarium is the perfect place to have a birthday party for a future space traveler.
Birthday party packages are available for Saturday afternoons:
2:15-3:45pm for a 2:30 to 3:30pm party (we allow for 15 minutes of set-up and 15 minutes of clean-up)
4:15-5:45pm for a 4:30 to 5:30pm party
- 30 minutes in the planetarium lobby for cake and/or birthday presents
- a 20-30 minute program in the dome featuring a live sky talk under the stars
- a five-minute musical finale that can feature your child's photo on the dome
Cost: $120 for up to 30 people, including chaperones
If you would like your child's photo on the dome with a birthday message, please provide a digital photo and the child's age on his/her birthday at least one week before the event. Email the JPEG photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please call to book your birthday party at least one month in advance.
- All dates are subject to the availability of a planetarium staff member.
- Chairs and tables can be provided upon request.
- Food, beverages, and decorations are NOT provided by the planetarium.
- 15-minute setup and clean-up are the renter's responsibility.
- Sorry, no food, drink, or helium balloons are allowed under the planetarium dome.
Call Dave Leake or Carolyn Martin at 217/351-2568 if you have questions or to reserve your time slot! Call or email for more details! Based on staff availability.