Reserve seating as early as possible to get the times and shows you prefer (at least a month in advance; times in April and May fill up quickly!). You also may wish to check for bus availability before scheduling your program.
To schedule a show, give us a call at 217/351-2568 or click to use our callback request form.
Prior to your call
Browse the group show listings and have the following information ready before you call (sorry, there are no online reservations):
- Preferred date(s)
- Show title(s)
- Show time(s) (second show is half price)
- Number attending (Note: 128 seating capacity)
- Phone number where you can be reached
- Mailing address
- Special arrangements (wheelchairs, accommodations for hearing disabled, etc.)
Please let us know if your group plans to eat lunch in our lobby or on our grounds outside the planetarium. Accommodations elsewhere within the college for large groups may be available but please let us know when scheduling your show.
- For Schools only:
Grade level of your students
Number of adults (teachers, drivers, assistants)
Call to schedule your visit
- Call 217/351-2568 Monday through Friday to schedule a visit.
- Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance
- A confirmation letter will be mailed to you.
- Please review the letter and contact us with any changes.
- Payment is due one week prior to the show.
- Return your payment with a copy of the confirmation to Parkland College, Staerkel Planetarium, 2400 West Bradley Ave., Champaign, IL 61821.
- If you cannot return payment a week in advance of your scheduled time, please call 217/351-2568 to payment arragenments and to confirm reservation.
- We are unable to give refunds.
- Planetarium programs begin on the hour, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes in advance of your scheduled show time. A late arrival may mean that your program will be shortened, in fairness to groups that have shows scheduled after yours.
- Absent students will receive show passes.
- We will gladly reschedule for any "snow" days.
- No food, drink, balloons, or mobile phones are allowed under the planetarium dome.
- The "Star Shoppe" is open at our ticket counter with gift items ranging from 25 cents to $15. Supplies are limited. A list of available items with prices can be mailed to you with your confirmation. You may copy this list for your students if you wish. Please let us know in advance if you'd like the "Star Shoppe" open during your visit.