Information for Students
The Career Center coordinates approximately 300 student workers on Parkland's campus. To qualify for employment in the fall and spring semesters, a student must be enrolled in at least six credit hours. During the summer session, students must be enrolled in a minimum of three credit hours. Campus employment offers students these advantages:
- a great work experience in a convenient, supportive work environment
- an opportunity to enhance your workplace skills and education
- an opportunity to connect to your campus
A student may work on campus under one of two programs:
- Student Employment: a Parkland funded program for students interested in working on-campus
- Federal Work Study: a federally funded program which provides jobs to students who demonstrate financial need. Call or visit the Financial Aid office (351-2222) for eligibility information.
Students, stop by our office (A175) to complete an application and to inquire about
open positions. You may view on-campus job listings at www.parkland.edu/careercenter/joblisting.html.
(Click "student employment" under types of jobs.)
Student Employment Orientation is required for all new student workers. Please visit the Career Center (A175) for completion of paperwork.
Information for Faculty and Staff
Supervisors, to request a student employee, please fill out and print the Student Employment Request Form and return it to the Career Center, A175.
Download the March 2009 Supervisor Manual here.
If you are serving as a reference for a student, ask him/her to complete this Student Reference Request Form
Free Web Counter